2017-2018| 2016-2017 | 2015-2016 | 2014-2015 | 2013-2014 | 2012-2013
- Informal club competitions are held each month at our regular meetings. The season runs from July to May with a winner declared at the conclusion of the season.
- Points are awarded based on popular vote with 5 points going to first place, 3 points going to second place, and all other entries receiving 1 point.
- Additionally, 1 bonus point will be given for the most innovative or ambitious entry as decided by the competition maestro. 1 bonus point will also be given for the best beer as decided on by the club's panel of BJCP judges.
- Some competitions are marked as Collaboration contests. Entrants must brew this beer with another member (or group) and submit together. Both members/teams will receive any points awarded.
- Entrants must supply six 12 oz. bottles, one 64 oz. growler, or similar quantity.
- Limit one entry per person per month.
|Name||Entries||First||Second||Most Innovative||Judges' Choice||Points|
|Chaya Stark & Bruce Stephens||3||0||2||0||1||8|
|Erik Curtis & Katie Legenski||4||1||0||0||0||8|
|Chaya Stephens & Bruce Stephens||1||1||0||0||1||6|
|Jack Robbins & Dan Tucci||1||0||0||0||0||1|
|jeff peterson & Peter Baker||1||0||0||0||0||1|
July - Extract/Partial Mash
The grain bills for all entries must consist of at least 51% extract. You must provide the details of your grain bill with your entry.
August - Pale Ale
This is for people who like hops, but are tired of hop bombs. Any type of pale ale is permitted.
September - British Beers
We are looking for any beers that are in Categories 11, 13, 16, or 17 of the BJCP Guidelines.
October - New England IPA (Collaboration #1)
Make a milkshake and brew it with someone in the club that you have not brewed with before or, at the very least, haven't brewed with them in the last 12 months.
November - Historical Beer
Take a look at Category 27 of the BJCP Guidelines, do some research, and brew something you most likely never did before.
December - Single Hop Beer
You can brew any style of beer you want. The only limitation is that you can only use one single type of hop throughout the entire brew.
January - Fruit Beer
Pretty self explanatory, right?
February - Ingredient Draft (Collaboration #2)
In October, any participating teams will have the opportunity to select ingredients for their February brew through a draft system. Teams will select malts, hops, yeasts, and special ingredients on the fly so get ready to be creative. We will sample the results of the draft in February.
March - Cider/Perry
Both standard and specialty are options for this month.
May - Ingredients From A Hat (Collaboration #3)
A number of malts, hops, yeasts, and special ingredients will go into different hats. Ingredients will be selected from each hat and then any participating members will all need to use the same ingredients to draft a beer. We will do the pulling of the ingredients most likely in January.
May - Mead
Apply the lessons and insight provided by Andy Hejl in April and May of this year and start making some mead. The Nectar of the Gods will pour in May.