2021-2022| 2020-2021 | 2019-2020 | 2018-2019 | 2017-2018 | 2016-2017 | 2015-2016 | 2014-2015 | 2013-2014 | 2012-2013
- Informal club competitions are held each month at our regular meetings. The season runs from July to May with a winner declared at the conclusion of the season.
- Points are awarded based on popular vote with 5 points going to first place, 3 points going to second place, and all other entries receiving 1 point.
- Additionally, 1 bonus point will be given for the most innovative or ambitious entry as decided by the competition maestro. 1 bonus point will also be given for the best beer as decided on by the club's panel of BJCP judges.
- Some competitions are marked as Collaboration contests. Entrants must brew this beer with another member (or group) and submit together. Both members/teams will receive any points awarded.
- Entrants must supply six 12 oz. bottles, one 64 oz. growler, or similar quantity.
- Limit one entry per person per month.
|Name||Entries||First||Second||Most Innovative||Judges' Choice||Points|
July - Extract Beers
Beers brewed with all extract or extract/steeping grains
August - Edelweiss
Beers brewed with wheat and/or botanicals
September - Clear IPA
October - German Beer
A wide open category. Lagers, weizens, Alt, Grätzer. Take your pick!
November - Speakeasy
Beers inspired by a classic cocktail
December - Belgian Beer (but not Saison)
We just did Saison last year, so this one is for all the rest.
January - Ingredient from a Hat
Brew a beer featuring a secret ingredient that you'll draw randomly
February - Reinheitsgebot Beer
Beers with malt, hops, water, yeast, but no added flavors/fermentables
March - Smoke/Wood Aged Beer
Beers either featuring smoked ingredients or that have been wood-aged. No bonus points for doing both.
April - Ingredient Draft
The results of our annual Ingredient Draft extravaganza
May - Session Beer
No strict ABV limit, but generally under 5% is about right